What if I get charged for an ambulance ride?

If you have an emergency and call 911 for an ambulance to the Emergency Room, the ambulance company (whether private, voluntary or municipal agency) may charge you for the ride.

If you take a ride via ambulance call the following numberss:

1) Found on the back of you VA card within 24 hours: 1-877-222-VETS (8387).

2) East Orange V.A. Billing:

  • Etta Gilbert-Randall at 973-676-1000 x 3483
  • Haidy Gaballah at 973-676-1000 x 2343

How Can I Register as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business in NJ?

1) You can submit your VA SDVOSB certification if you already have it.

2) You can download your disability letter from e-benefits,, and submit that with your SDVOB form for the state of New Jersey, which can be found here:

If you go to the Services and Information section, you will see the link for the Disabled Veteran Owned Business (DVOB) Registration Application.

Can a Vet have VA, Tri-Care For life and a MAPD plan, all at once?

Yes, Vets can have a combo of all 3 coverages: VA, TFL & MA plan or the could have VA and an MAPD plan. 

  • VA benefits are completely isolated benefits, they are in addition to coverage a veteran may have. 
  • Coverage is not contingent on other coverage & does not impact other coverage. It is a stand-alone benefit.
  • TFL can be used in conjunction with Original Medicare or an MA plan.
  • TFL can be used in conjunction with VA benefits or not.

Can a TFL member enroll in a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug (MA-PD) Plan?

Yes, but this is very unusual for a beneficiary to elect an MA plan with a drug benefit. TFL members have very good prescription drug benefits and they rarely need to replace that. If there are any questions about this, be sure to do a three-way call with the member, agent and TFL.

What are my TRICARE For Life costs?

How to get reimbursed for TriCare with other insurance

TriCare with Other Insurance

How to file a claim with TriCare and other insurance

How to file a claim with TriCare when you have other insurance coverage to receive reimbursement